Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Walking Out of the Mountain


This is a cool story. This guy is making positive changes happen in his life by doing something most of us won't do. I know I don't even walk around the block, much less across the country. Here I sit in front of the computer. Before that, I was asleep in bed.

(I told myself, before returning from NC on July 12, that I would eat only fresh fruits and vegetables and drink water after I got back. I have not had one day yet that I've lived up to that goal. I have, however, increased my fresh produce intake, and I've increased my water consumption. I do not work out every day, either, but I did exercise in the pool at the hotel for 15 minutes on Friday morning and for 30 minutes on Sunday morning when I was in Kansas City for Bunnyvention. That was great, because I love being in the water.)


I'd like to do a walk doing photographs. There is so much to see in the world that we miss every day. I love to take pictures. I like to find the photos in everyday life. I look for where the frame is around the subjects all around.

It would be cool to do a walk like he's doing and just SEE everything there is to see when the speed is only 15 miles a day.

------------------

Here's the AOL article that led me to his website:

The Walking Man

At 400 pounds, Steve Vaught is taking the biggest leap of his life. He's walking across the country to lose weight. Averaging 15 miles per day along Route 66, the self-titled "Fat Man Walking" has traveled 300 miles on foot -- and along the way, he's lost 50 pounds.

Obesity Hits Men Hardest

Vaught is in for an uphill climb. Severely obese men digest carbs poorly and have less endurance than women, making it difficult to lose weight. But studies show that a slow walking routine may help the heavyset burn more calories.Could you walk in his shoes?

See his route: thefatmanwalking.com.

------------------

ps - I just left a message in his online guestbook.

Thefatmanwalking.com Guestbook
Sign my Guestbook
Shows: 89528. Inputs: 3572. Last show: Tue Jul 26 16:02:43 2005 .

Last input: Tue Jul 26 16:02:49 2005 .
Name: Deb in Tulsa (
Homepage)
Country: USA
Date: Tue Jul 26 16:02:49 2005


Comment:

This is so very cool! :) What you are doing is excellent! :)

You are a walking reminder to "Have A Dream. Set A Goal. Make It Happen. "

Thanks for sharing your inspirational journey with the rest of us. :)

Deb in Tulsa, www.cbunnyrep.com/7733

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home