Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Singing the Praises of Cingular Wireless


The customer service people at the Cingular store were amazing and very good to me. I told them my phone was not working and I was pretty sure I had not signed up for the insurance plan. I didn't say at first why it was not working. They asked if maybe I dropped it into some water. I said yes. (Later I told about the washing machine.)

I asked if we could first try a new battery before looking at buying a new phone. She got one from the back room and put it in. My phone turned on. The display looks a little soggy, but it works. Isn't that amazing? lol. It went through a hot/cold wash cycle and was in the spin cycle when I found it, and it still works with only a change of batteries.

The story gets even better. They didn't charge me for the battery (purchase price over $40), and they said, "You can sign up for phone insurance now if you want to." So, I signed up for phone insurance on the spot ($4./month). It has a $50 deductible if I use it, but the phone costs $150 new (I got it almost free with a 2-year contract purchased a year ago).

So, I am one happy camper. When the phone worked, I said to the (probably shocked) customer service girl, "Thank you SO much!!! I LOVE you!!!" lol. She laughed. That was good.

I smiled and said, "Yippee!!!!" all the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home