Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Mermaid on Relationships

I just read Mermaid's thoughts about relationships. She speaks of need, insecurity, self-discovery, and personal growth in the context of her own relationship.

She closed with these words,


"This mermaid may have initially attracted her handsome prince by helplessly flailing in the ocean, screaming, “Help me. It’s too deep.” But I know why you stayed.You knew from the moment you met me, that I would find a way to swim, to discover the deep, dark recesses of the sea, the deep dark secrets in me. You always stood at the water’s edge, waving and smiling, or paralyzed and terrified, knowing you could not save me or celebrate with me, until I invited you in. At times, you would ignore the high tides and jump in to save me. You would soon realize I could not breathe on land again without coming to shore on my own. "

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:33:00 PM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

I've never met a mermaid!!!Bradsblog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home