Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm happy to announce my first digital album.

I'm happy to announce my first digital album.


‘Weird Duck’ (the cd) now available as a digital album September 2, 2006
Digital Albums Deborah Hord

Visit my eFolkMusic mp3 Downloads page to hear some of my songs.
By the name of each song, click PREVIEW to hear the song.



Deborah Hord
Digital Album
“Weird Duck (and other animal tales for grownups)"

Album Genre: Modern Folk


WEIRD DUCK spins real life into fables, fairy tales and folksy stories about ducks, dogs, birds, a snow goose, a donkey, a teddy bear and one tiny unnamed creature. These songs were written for adults, but quite a few are perfect for children, too. {Lyrics and chords are in the liner notes.}



“Weird Duck” “I’m a weird duck. You told me already. You told me you think I am…You’re saying you love me, but you didn’t want me to know.” [2:35] •

-----------------------------------

“Broken Wing” “I think I have a broken wing. I’ve fallen from the sky. And, I can’t get back up again, no matter how I try … Oh broken wing, my broken wing, you know I’ll treat you gently, because you are a part of me, and what hurts you will hurt me.” [6:26] •
-----------------------------------

“Shelter From the Storm” “I sleep a single hour, and then I wake up from a dream. I wonder if my life has passed while I have been asleep. I’m startled into wakefulness by images I feel. I close my eyes and slip back to a dream that’s much too real.” [4:52] •
-----------------------------------

“Duck Soup” “The winds of change blow endlessly, and feed that little fire. And, Mama Duck begins to sweat, and she begins to tire. She lifts her wings and tries to fly, but she has lost her power. Her pond has grown too hot. She knows she’s soup within the hour.” [3:21] •
-----------------------------------

“Dog Barks” “Come inside little puppy dog now. Come inside you can sleep in the house. You don’t have to protect me tonight. You can sleep, baby it’s alright.” [1:40] •
-----------------------------------

“Little Snow Goose” “There once was a far away fairytale land where the people lived close to the sky. So far up the mountain that no one could stand without clouds bumping into their eyes. And, all of the children were happy always. And, all of the grownups were, too. They had a good reason for feeling this way. They were loved by the Little Snow Goose.” [4:30] •
-----------------------------------

“Life Is Like That” “Life is like that. You can’t predict the way tomorrow’s gonna be. Even in you wish upon a star, you wait and see. But, I still like to wish on stars just to remind me of my dreams.” [2:20] •
-----------------------------------

“Ugly Duckling” “I’ve been the ugly duckling all my life. When will I turn into a swan? The other ducks keep taunting me and telling me that I’m not one of them. I try to be like other ducks, but everyone says I am not the same. I wonder when the other swans will come for me, and I will fly away.” [3:16] •
-----------------------------------

“We’re All a Part” “We’re all a part of all of life. We’re all a part of love, surrounded by the breath of life that keeps us all alive. We’re all one big community, so different yet the same. We’re part of one big family, just called by different names.” [3:46] •
-----------------------------------

“Needy Dog” “Every one of us knows the feeling. Everyone has been on both sides. Sometimes you’re the one brushing someone off. Sometimes you’re the one who cries. Every one is that lonely, needy dog. Everyone of us understands. Every one of us needs some personal time, so our lives don’t get out of hand. [4:01] •
-----------------------------------

“Ducks Don’t Cry” “I’ve heard that ducks don’t cry, and no one’s ever seen duck tears. But, that’s because they fly away. So, no one’s seen them cry in years … How do you know that ducks don’t cry? They always fly away. They go to some place friendlier. Then, they come back some day.” [3:13] •
-----------------------------------

“Donkey Song” “There once was a donkey who fell in a well. He couldn’t climb out, so he cried out for help … The donkey was startled when dirt hit his back. He’d always been loyal, and now they attacked … The lesson my brothers and sisters is this: When life shovels dirt on you, always resist. You don’t have to die even when you are hurt. Sometimes the best gifts are the shovels of dirt.” [4:45] •
-----------------------------------

“Teddy Bear” “Teddy bear, I don’t care what they say about me. You’re my friend ’till the end. There’s no need to doubt me.” [1:49] •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home