Sunday, September 11, 2005

Well ... Wow! ... I've Been Invited to Contribute to Julien's List


I read Julien's List almost every day. I've quoted from it a few times recently. I mentioned to Ms. Julien (via email) that I've become a little uncomfortable with posting so many political things on my personal 'bunny blog', since I originally intended for it to be totally about the wonderful bath and body products I sell. She agreed. Then, she shocked me by inviting me to be a guest contributor on her web log. Wow!

Ms. Julien is an impressive woman. She's educated, articulate, successful, and brave. Those are a few of her attributes. She speaks out for the rights of those who are under fire by many of the decision-makers in our government and by those who hold a kind of power over their followers by claiming that their personal views come directly from God.

This is from one of her recent posts, a copy of her letter to the Governor of California.

Hello Governor,


I am writing to respectfully ask that when you consider whether or not to approve the bill for same-sex unions, you please keep in mind that the human lives you will hurt, perhaps forever, by siding with people who hate others simply because they love differently...Simply because they love differently...but they DO love, Governor. They have a need to be protected in
their love, and in their families.



My other half is a physician, and is being courted by a major CA medical center to provide a unique combination of trauma, critical care, and vascular surgery. She is being courted by several other hospitals in the nation. One of our major decision-making factors will be the outcome of this decision. I know in the scheme of things this is not a proverbial "big deal" but to see California being the first state in the nation to have a same-sex marriage law passed by the legislature, and then to have it not allowed, paving the way for further discrimination on behalf of hate groups, would just not make the state an enticing place to live.


Loving differently should not preclude being allowed to love fully.


Thank you.



I feel honored to have been invited to participate in Julien's List.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home